Home to a thriving arts community, Rochester is a vibrant town nestled on the banks of the Campaspe River. It is part of the Australian Silo Art Trail, featuring the iconic Jimmy Dvate silos, which were the first silos painted in the Echuca Moama region.
With beautiful streetscapes, pubs, cafes and coffee shops, Rochester has plenty of places to sit down, relax and grab a bite to eat while you explore the historic town.
It is also the birthplace of one of Australia’s finest cyclists, Sir Hubert Opperman, and boasts a wide range of sporting facilities including a scenic river track, two golf courses, tennis and netball courts, ovals, a swimming pool and a state-recognised bowling green.
- Visit the GrainCorp art silos, painted by Jimmy Dvate, featuring an Azure King Fisher and Squirrel Glider.
- Learn about the life and career of one of Victoria’s most respected homicide detectives, Ron Iddles, at the Iddles Lane mural.
- Wander Mural Park, which showcases past murals from the town’s annual Mural Festival.
- Explore the 4,000 exhibits at the Rochester Sports Museum.
- Explore the town and riverside trails on a free hire bike.