Translated, Eurobodalla quite literally means ‘Land of Many Waters’ and it’s a strong clue as to what makes this region so special.
Covering more than 100 kilometres of pristine coastline and hinterland this is where you’ll find a diverse and natural playground that showcases the best flora and fauna in a truly natural environment.
From Batemans Bay this stretch of New South Wales coastline extends as far as historic Tilba Tilba in the south. Alongside long, deserted beaches and river and ocean waterways you’ll also find a rugged mountain range running on the western edge of the region so, in addition to all the water-based activities, there is also a whole host of wilderness adventures to enjoy too.
As you make your way along the coast pause for a while and spend time in the charming villages of Broulee, Narooma and Moruya. Visit local producers and artisans and pick up some of the best produce in New South Wales, direct from the producers.
Follow in the footsteps of the local Yuin people along the Bingi Dreaming Track, an ancient songline or join a guided walk to the top of Gulaga, long considered a significant spiritual site. Eurobodalla is a unique place where you can learn the stories of the oldest living culture on earth.
- Turn back the clock with visits to the heritage villages of Tilba Tilba and Central Tilba where eclectic shops line the historic streets.
- Tour with an indigenous guide to gain a deeper insight into the lives of the local Yuin people.
- Visit the Montague Island Nature Reserve. Snorkel with fur seals, visit the historic lighthouse, and if visiting between September and November keep a close eye out for humpback and southern right whales.
- Learn more about the important work of the Mogo Wildlife Park, home to the largest collection of endangered and exotic species in Australia.
- Hire a kayak or a SUP and explore the watery delights of Batemans Marine Park.
- Get a birds-eye view of this beautiful area with a scenic seaplane flight from Moruya or Narooma.
- Head for an oyster shed and sample the local delicacies on offer.